Schedule a tour today!
It is one thing to read about daycare online, or to discuss it with friends. In the end, nothing will tell you more about Colby’s than a tour of our facility. Please call us at (202) 481-4848 or email us at Info@ColbysDogcare.com to schedule a tour.
<span-style=”font-family: Helvetica;”>To book your FREE Assessment Day, call (202) 481-4848 to speak with one of our family members or click here to book online.
- We are happy to care for your little (or big) ones from four months old through adulthood. Pups may start as early as three months when also enrolled in our Puppy Foundations class.
- We welcome pups who have not been altered. By having multiple playrooms and classes, we are able to create a class specifically for unaltered males and can accommodate any well-behaved pup. We ask that unspayed females remain at home while in heat.
- We welcome canine babies that are at least 10 lbs.
- For the well being of all of our canine children, we ask that you not bring your pup if he or she is either aggressive or unusually fearful.
- Similarly, your pup would be happier at home while recovering from an injury or illness.
- Colby’s is devoted to the care and wellbeing of our pups and wants to be sure everyone is a good fit. It is so important to us that we have a chance to assess your pup that we offer your pup a FREE day with us.
- Assessment Days are a full day of Daycare, during which our staff spends quality one-on-one time with your pup and finds the most supportive way to introduce them into our classroom. We ask that your pup be dropped off by 10:00 am and that you fetch them in the late afternoon or early evening.
- At the end of the Assessment Day, we will review your pup’s report card and accomplishments.
- Given that canines have delicate tummies, we recommend that you provide meals for your pup, proportioned exactly the way he or she likes it.
- If you cannot provide your pup’s food, Colby’s is happy to provide your pup a meal for $5.00 per feeding.
- The registration allows for you to download a photo or PDF of your Vet’s certification.
- We take health and safety very seriously and require certification from your vet that your little one has been vaccinated for Rabies, DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus), Bordetella (“kennel cough”), and Canine Influenza (the doggy flu).
- Your little one should not have ticks, fleas, or other pests.
- It is imperative that you tell us anything thing we should know about, such as behavioral or medical issues, or anything else that could impact their time with us, the well-being of your little one, or our family. You should both give this information in your questionnaire and during our initial conversation.
- Your little one needs to have any and all legal licenses.
- While this point is about you instead of your little one; please keep your mobile device near you when we have your pup. It is wise to also encourage your Trusted Friends to be near their mobile devices.
- Yes, walks are available for anyone who purchases a daycare package, or whenever pups are here for Sleepovers, for a $5.00 for once around the block
- All walks are one-on-one
- We adhere to stringent safety protocols during walks, including physically clipping leashes to our belts and using Colby’s harnesses containing GPS tracking
Yes! Our pet parents are provided with an internal Facebook page, to which we post throughout the day! We also encourage you to stop by and take a peek at your pup during the day.
While we open our doors promptly at 7:00 am, and close them just as promptly at 7:00 pm, you can call us at (202) 481-4848 and we are happy to arrange drop-off as early as 6:00 am or pickup as late as 10:00 pm for $10.00 per visit.
- We welcome pups who have not been altered. By having multiple playrooms and classes, we are able to create a class specifically for unaltered males and can accommodate any well-behaved pup.
- We ask that unspayed females remain at home while in heat.
- Unaltered classes generally combine a larger range of sizes, energy levels and temperaments.
- For Daycare, Sleepovers or Grooming, we are eager to serve your little one as soon as they are 16 weeks old.
- We offer puppy training, as soon as your pup has had their first puppy distemper/parvo and Bordetella vaccinations, and has lived with their family for a minimum of seven days.
- All pups like to have some bedding or a blanket from home and many also have a favorite toy. We encourage you to bring these loved items to us which we will keep in your pups personal space.
- While we have raised beds for everyone, you are welcome to bring your pup’s own if that is his or her preference.
- Overnight stays are inclusive of their associated daycare, and are counted in 24-hour periods from arrival.
- Depending on the severity, we will either call you, Union Veterinary Clinic or your veterinarian first. If we call a veterinarian first, you will be our very next call. If we cannot reach you, we will call your Emergency Contact, and then your Trusted Friends.
- We also have a relationship with Union Veterinary Clinic, who we might contact if we cannot reach your vet.
- A Trusted Friend is someone we can call if we cannot reach you. Unless your registration gives boundaries, we will entrust your Trusted Friend to make all decisions in your absence.
- You are allowed to have up to three Trusted Friends and need to rank order them so that we know who to call first.
- Your Trusted Friend will never have financial responsibility for their decisions. Our entire financial relationship is with you and you are responsible for all expenses incurred.
Yes, we will collect a 100% deposit for daycare, sleepover, and training services upon confirmation of the reservation and a $50 deposit on all grooming services.
You may cancel any service, for any reason with 12-hour notice.
Love love love Colby’s! My puppy Daisy has had such a great experience each time I’ve sent her for daycare and grooming. It’s so evident Michael and his team make sure that each dog who walks through their doors is well taken care of and has a great time. I’ve never worried about leaving Daisy for the day— even though she is a puppy. She always tries to beeline back to the door after I pick her up and wants to go back! Clearly a sign she is loving it there. The facility is clean and well maintained and the team is friendly and awesome. I’m excited to keep sending Daisy, her smile says it all!
– Jazmynn Croskey
We LOVE Colby’s! I can’t say enough good things about their friendly and caring staff. I brought my puppy here for his first grooming and they were so attentive. I received a phone consultation with the groomer and several calls during his stay sharing updates on how he was doing. The cut turned out exactly how we wanted. Their play rooms were very clean and separated by size, which I think will make play time more approachable and fun for my dog. I have so much confidence in their professionalism and care for my dog that we will be coming back for training classes and all of his boarding and grooming needs.
– Lydia Hennessey
10/10 overall experience! The owner (Michael) and his staff are so kind. You can tell they care about each individual dog as they’re able to speak specifically to how their day went (i.e. behavior, what they liked doing while there, etc). I was also welcomed back at pickup (which I assume isn’t the norm but can happen when it’s not too busy). This was really great as I was able to see just how clean and well thought out the space itself is.
TL;DR: my dog leaves Colby’s with a huge smile on his face and some new friends, too! I highly recommend for your pet ownership needs.
– Colleen Turner
Colby’s has been a life saver for us. Our dog is very shy with people (loves to play with other dogs). I took him for an evaluation and they gave me great feedback and have been very kind and patient with my pup to make him comfortable. He went from hiding behind me to pulling the leash to go to daycare in a short few weeks. The owner Michael and his staff genuinely care about each dog and what is best for the dog. I also like their philosophy of giving the dogs play and and rest time. My pup comes home tired but in a good way. I also enrolled my pup in the adult manners training class, he has made a ton of progress and I couldn’t be more happy with a doggy daycare.
– Monica Ostrander
We can’t say enough good things about Colby’s and Michael (the owner). One of my pups had an issue during an in apartment pick up but Michael and the team were very understanding and worked with my pup. They kept me updated and resolved the issue and even came up with solutions for future pick ups! I was able to enjoy my vacation knowing my pups were sincerely cared for and in good hands. On walks my pup tries to pull me in to the building, so I know she likes it too!
I plan to use Colby’s as my “go to” daycare and boarding place and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a place for their pups!
– Jocelyn Kissell