Schedule a tour today!
It is one thing to read about daycare online, or to discuss it with friends. In the end, nothing will tell you more about Colby’s than a tour of our facility. Please call us at (202) 481-4848 or email us at Info@ColbysDogcare.com to schedule a tour.
To book your FREE Assessment Day, call (202) 481-4848 to speak with one of our family members or click here to book online.
- We are happy to care for your pup from four months old through adulthood. Pups may start as early as three months when also enrolled in our Puppy Foundations class.
- We welcome pups who have not been altered. By having multiple playrooms and small classes, we are able to create a class specifically for unaltered males and can accommodate any well-behaved pup. We ask that unspayed females remain at home while in heat.
- We welcome canine babies of all weights.
- For the well-being of all of our canine children, we ask that you not bring your pup if he or she is either aggressive or unusually fearful.
- Similarly, your pup would be happier at home while recovering from an injury or illness.
- Colby’s is devoted to the care and well-being of our pups and wants to be sure everyone is a good fit. It is so important that we have a chance to assess your pup that we offer your pup a FREE day with us.
- Assessment Days are a full day of Daycare, during which our staff meets your pup and finds the most supportive way to introduce them into our classroom. We ask that your pup be dropped off no later than 12-noon and that they spend a minimum of 6 hours with us.
- At the end of the Assessment Day, we will review your pup’s accomplishments. If we feel we are a good fit for your pup, we will also offer you a 15% Assessment Day Discount on all packages.
- Given that canines have delicate tummies, we recommend that you provide meals for your pup, proportioned exactly the way he or she likes it.
- If you cannot provide your pup’s food, Colby’s is happy to provide your pup a meal for $5.00 per feeding.
- The registration allows you to upload a photo or PDF of your Vet’s certification.
- We take health and safety very seriously and require certification from your vet that your little one has been vaccinated for Bordetella (Canine Cough), DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus), Canine Influenza, Leptospirosis, and Rabies.
- We also ask that your pup has an annual fecal screening.
- Your little one should not have ticks, fleas, or other pests.
- It is imperative that you tell us anything thing we should know about, such as behavioral or medical issues, or anything else that could impact their time with us, the well-being of your little one, or our family. You should both give this information in your questionnaire and during our initial conversation.
- Your little one needs to have any and all legal licenses.
- While this point is about you instead of your little one; please keep your mobile device near you when we have your pup. It is wise to also encourage your Trusted Friends to be near their mobile devices.
- Yes, walks are available for anyone who purchases a daycare package, or whenever pups are here for Sleepovers, for a $5.00 for once around the block
- All walks are one-on-one
- We adhere to stringent safety protocols during walks, including physically clipping leashes to our belts and using Colby’s harnesses containing GPS tracking
Yes! Our pet parents are provided with an internal Facebook page, to which we post throughout the day! We also encourage you to stop by and take a peek at your pup during the day.
While we open our doors promptly at 7:00 am, and close them just as promptly at 7:00 pm, you can call us at (202) 481-4848 and we are happy to arrange drop-off as early as 6:00 am or pickup as late as 10:00 pm for $10.00 per visit.
- We welcome pups who have not been altered. By having multiple playrooms and small classes, we are able to create a class specifically for unaltered males and can accommodate any well-behaved pup.
- We ask that unspayed females remain at home while in heat.
- For Daycare, Sleepovers or Grooming, we are eager to serve your little one as soon as they are 16 weeks old. Pups may start as early as three months when also enrolled in our Puppy Foundations class.
- We offer puppy training, as soon as your pup has had their first puppy distemper/parvo and Bordetella vaccinations, and has lived with their family for a minimum of seven days.
- All pups like to have some bedding or a blanket from home and many also have a favorite toy. We encourage you to bring these loved items to us which we will keep in your pups personal space.
- While we have raised beds for everyone, you are welcome to bring your pup’s own if that is his or her preference.
Check-in starts at 7 AM on your Sleepover’s first day. Check-out is through 10 AM on the last day. Your pup can stay until noon for an additional $10 or the entire day (until 7 PM) as a day of Daycare.
We encourage you to drop off your pup as early as possible so they can work through the initial excitement of arriving long before bed time.
In order to assure that your pup enjoys their Sleepover, we ask that they spend a minimum of one day in Daycare (in addition to an Assessment Day) before sleeping at Colby’s
Similarly, before staying for 3 or more nights, we ask that they spend 3 days in Daycare (in addition to an Assessment Day).
- Depending on the severity, we will either call you, Union Veterinary Clinic or your veterinarian first. If we call a veterinarian first, you will be our very next call. If we cannot reach you, we will call your Emergency Contact, and then your Trusted Friends.
- We also have a relationship with Union Veterinary Clinic, who we might contact if we cannot reach your vet.
- A Trusted Friend is someone we can call if we cannot reach you. Unless your registration gives boundaries, we will entrust your Trusted Friend to make all decisions in your absence.
- You are allowed to have up to three Trusted Friends and need to rank order them so that we know who to call first.
- Your Trusted Friend will never have financial responsibility for their decisions. Our entire financial relationship is with you and you are responsible for all expenses incurred.
Yes, we will collect a 100% deposit for daycare, sleepover, and training services upon confirmation of the reservation and a $50 deposit on all grooming services.
You may cancel any service, for any reason with 12-hour notice.
Colby’s Dogcare & Spa
200 K Street NE, Unit 2
Washington, DC 20002
(on the corner of L and 2nd Streets NE)
You’ll find Colby’s Dogcare & Spa in the heart of DC’s NoMa District, near the H Street Corridor.
Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
(with early drop off starting at 6:00 and late pick up until 10:00 pm)